On Aug 8, 2007, at 2:17 PM, Kris Buelens wrote:

Filemode numbers normally don't play games with you, except: when storing files on 190 or 19E, the number should be 2, else the files are invisible after an IPL CMS And filemode 0 is -by default- invisible on R/O linked minidisks, but I saw you used an SFS dir.

How did you upload the modules? It should be binary and most probably LRECL 1024, RECFM F and then you would need to execute COPYFILE (UNPACK on the uploaded files. It is namely impossible to transmit a binary fle as RECFM V files through the PC world where files have no recordlengths, therefore one must make these files RECFM F somehow, VMARC creates F80; COPYFILE PACK creates F1024.

Here are the commands in the ftpput.cmd file in the ZIP distribution. They are what I ran:

quote type e
quote mode b
put EAGACTAL.EXEC
put EAGRTALT.MODULE
put MAKEALT.README
put VALTLIB.REXXMOD
put VALTLIB.SEXEC
quote site fix 1104
put EAGALPRC.MODULE
quote site fix 80
put EAGALUME.REPAMENG
quote site fix 80
put EAGALUME.TXTAMENG
quote site fix 2048
put VALTLIB.CEXEC
quote site fix 80
put VALTLIB.TEXT
quit

I find the 1104 suspicious, and the lack of recl on the first several also suspicious, particularly since the EAGACTAL EXEC thus transmitted was useless.

Adam