Don't do the manual commands. Instead attach the tape to maint, define stor to at least 64 meg and enter the command SERVICE ALL. After the service has been applied, enter PUT2PROD ALL. These 2 commands do all necessary things.

The single pretty complicated VMSES commands were necessary on older vm releases.

kind regards
Franz Josef Pohlen

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

List,

i have RSU tapes to update my VM 4.4 system.
following the service guide, i am doing the steps to prepare for service refresh.
when i issue the VMFPSU ZVM CPSFS
i get this output:
vmfpsu zvm cpsfs
VMFPSU2760I VMFPSU processing started
VMFPSU1077I Comparing tables 4VMVMB40 VVT$PSU$ A and 4VMVMB40 VVTVM H
VMFPSU1071I There are 0 PTFs on the Recommended Service Upgrade for
            PRODID 4VMVMB40%CP that are not currently
            applied.
VMFPSU1074I There are no PTFs on the Recommended Service Upgrade to be
            applied for PRODID 4VMVMB40%CP. Continue with
            the next product.
VMFPSU1070I Creating 4VMVMB40 PSUPLAN file at service level RSU-0401 for
            component CPSFS in PPF ZVM.
VMFPSU2760I VMFPSU processing completed successfully

this is puzzling since the RSU document says that z/VM CP 4.4.0 has level 0601 on it

but a q cplevel says that i am at 0403:

z/VM Version 4 Release 4.0, service level 0403 (64-bit)
Generated at 01/12/06 14:50:57 CST

how do i get to 0601 ?

prg

Phillip Gramly