From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:47 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: How to insert zvse4 installation tapes without barcode label on
3953/3584 library

*** cross posted to VM and VSE list ***

Hi listers,

one of my customers has a 3584 library with 3592 drives. He has ordered
the zVSE 4 on 3592 tapes and got cartridges without barcode label. Now
he has a problem to insert the cartridges into the library because of
the following fact which I have read in the TS3500 redbook.

Unlabeled cartridges and cartridges with unreadable external VOLSER
labels are not
supported by the 3953 Tape System. Even though the TS3500 Tape Library
supports
unlabeled or unreadable external labels for Open Systems hosts, this
does not apply to
System z attachment.

As he has no other tape system he asked me now how to get the cartridges

into the library. Has anybody of you solved such a situation before? Is
it perhaps possible to mount the tape manually on the drive?

Any hints are welcome, thanks in advance.
--
kind regards
Franz Josef Pohlen

This e-mail message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL
information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual or individuals to which it is addressed. If you are not
an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained herein or attached hereto is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify the person
named above by reply e-mail and please delete it. Thank you.