James Vincent writes:
> Moments ago, on August 15th, 2007 at VM's 35th birthday party at SHARE in
> San Diego, CA, the following new Companions were inducted into the Order of
> the Knights of VM:

Getting back to work after a good and long vacation, I discover this
announcement that, lo and behold, includes my own name. It is a
complete (and wonderful) surprise and I'm most honoured to have been
inducted into this august group. I thank those who nominated and
supported me and add my congratulations (though somewhat late they
now may be) to my new fellow companions.

--Malcolm Beattie
Sir Malcolm the Academic