> I confirmed with IBMLink Powers That Be that, yes, you will still be
able
>to change your VM password.  You just won't be able to change any of the
>VM registrations or their entitlements.
>
>[And while they say "IBMLINK VM", we all know that's just "VMLINK IBM"
>spelled sideways, sort of.  At least it's a valid CMS command....  ;-)  ]
>
>Alan Altmark
>z/VM Development
>IBM Endicott

Thanks, Alan.  Good news indeed from the P.T.B.  And to all who want to
continue to use IBMLink greenscreen.

BTW, this morning I received an e-mail "update notification" related to a
PMR that I opened yesterday using the web-based IBMLink.  (I opened it
there because it's an easy place to paste "wider" console logs than the
XEDIT screens on IBMLink greenscreen).  I tried to click on the URL listed
to get me back to the IBMLink PMR.  It did not respond.  After a 2+ minute
wait without any progress, I opened another window and entered the
commands to logon to IBMLink greenscreen - in 15 seconds I was logged on
and into the actual PMR.  Now... in all fairness, we were having Novell
LAN performance problems at the time, so accessing the web-based IBMLink
could have been related to that.  But it's another link in the chain that
can fail.

I'll continue to choose the right tool for the job.  Just because you have
a spider, not everything is a web.  :-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.