Pasted directly from the "News" screen on the IBMLink 3270 interface (VM,
greenscreen, aka: productive):

01 SEP 07 - Attention all VM users

VM Registration Tool will sunset on October 31, 2007
Implications are:

* All users and entitlements for the IBMLink VM
  system will be permanently set on IBMLink VM.
* No new user can be registered for access to VM
  (3270 emulation).
* No changes can be made to your company or users
  on the VM side.
* Changes can only be made to IBMLink on the
  Internet and those changes will only affect
  IBMLink on the Internet side.
* Keep in mind, all companies and users that did
  not previously have VM (3270 emulation) access
  will not be able to get VM access.
* All IBMLink users will continue to have Internet
  access via url: www.ibm.com/ibmlink

Please inform your IBMLink Customer Service
Administrator (CSA) and/or Backup CSA of any changes
required as soon as possible.

We appreciate your support in our continued journey
to consolidate and enhance our presence on the
Internet. If you have any concerns or comments,
please submit a "feedback" from IBM Link on the web
(internet) or call our Help Desk at 1-800-543-3912.

If you are a current user of the IBMLink 3270 interface, I'd be sure it's
still working before and after October 31, 2007.  At one point in the
recent past IBMLink 3270 had been relegated to the trash heap of history.
Rumor has it that several prominent European customers raised such an
uproar that IBMLink relented somewhat.  My interpretation of the above
legal-speak is that IBMLink 3270 will be frozen as-is (better than killed
outright).  Anyone with access to IBMLink 3270 retains access; no new IDs,
no changes.

If you are NOT a current IBMLink 3270 interface user, this is your last
chance to get signed up.  "Act now!  Operators are standing by to take
your call!  Open 24 hours!  One free set of Ginsue (sp?) steak knives with
each order!  And that's not all!  If you call in the next 10 minutes and
mention this offer..." (OK, they didn't REALLY say any of that.)  :-)

Even though the quotes "news" above specifically reports changes to the
"VM Registration Tool", I called the 800 number to ask if a user can still
change their "IBMLink VM" (a new term from IBM!) password after October
31, 2007 in light of the statement "* No changes can be made to your
company or users on the VM side.").  From the "VM Registration Tool"
heading one could presume that everything else including password changes
should still work.  But given the frequent errors/misunderstandings
regarding pretty much everything to do with "IBMLink VM", I simply want to
be prepared.  The gentleman I spoke with had a heavy Indian accept and
asked multiple unrelated questions, but as best I could tell users will
still be able to change their own passwords.  I won't be too surprised if
his reply and reality don't mesh after October 31.  Time will tell...

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.