Hi,
We are in the process of hooking up 2 SSL front ends for our VM TN3270
traffic. One box wil be primary, the other backup. For full redundancy,
I plan to use 2 OSA ports (separate cards), and 2 TCP/IP stacks in VM.
The SSL boxes will be configured identically and cabled directly to the
OSAs to eliminate unencrypted data passing through a router. One box,
along with it's associated OSA and TCP/IP stack, will be sitting idle
99.999% of the time. Each box is sized to carry the full workload.

Are there any additional/better/simpler ways to enhance availability or
reliability? BTW, SSLSERV is not an option for us, since we need to
support 1200 concurrent user sessions.

Ray Mrohs
U.S. Department of Justice
202-307-6896