________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hans Rempel
        Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 9:33 PM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Re: VM SSL Appliance with TCP/IP

        Having two separate stacks leads me to think you will have two
different IP addresses. I guess using DNS you can get this resolved
quick enough to the TN3270 clients. Not sure if this will work but with
z/VM 5.2 you can use the VSWITCH to support 2 OSA cards for instant
failure over. z/VM 5.3 will actually give you some load balancing. In
this way you only have one TCPIP stack and IP address and pretty fast
fail over. I would think no manually intervention at all. Alan has made
a number of presentations on this subject. Check out  High Availability
and Automatic Network Failover
        of the z/VM VSWITCH Presented by Tracy Adams, IBM Endicott on
z/VM topics

        http://www.vm.ibm.com/events/sysz0610.html

        Hans