Hey Paul -
 I have the barebones of one, but nothing in shape to publish at this time. A
couple of notes though; Mainframe Linux has most of the same issues as
workstation linux, but benefits greatly from the vast I/O resourcs of the
mainframe. It works better under z/VM than on the bare metal (LPAR or no LPAR).
It fails miserably only in one situation, and that is where whatever you are
running on it is very compute intensive. For example, Tivoli really takes a
couple of IFLSs to run all by iself, and is, IMNSHO, far better situated on an
xSeries blade or pSeries server.
Also, don't even think of running XWindows clients on it; much better to write
customer Client/Server products, or use a web interface, than to do that. In
general, avoid processor intensive work, like image manipulation or most
scientific computing.
-Paul

--- Begin Message ---
Has anyone written a "white paper" on the how's and why's of zSeries
Linux, and how it not only saves money but improves reliability and
security?  I need something to convince the management that having things
scattered all over you-know-who's half acre is not the optimum way to run
things.  It's very hard (and frustrating...) trying to deal with the
"mainframes are obsolete and outdated" mentality that exists.

Thank You
Paul Adrian.

--- End Message ---