Really? That hasn't been my experience at all. Runs like a rocketship here.

Mark L. Wheeler
IT Infrastructure, 3M Center B224-4N-20, St Paul MN 55144
Tel:  (651) 733-4355, Fax:  (651) 736-7689
mlwheeler at mmm.com

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Carl Sagan

             Paul Raulerson
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: zSeries Linux - White Paper for
                                       Management

             09/27/2007 12:30
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

Sorry Marcy - Tivoli Storagte Manager (TSM).  Running the server on an IFL,
if you are backing up any number of files, will drag it down to the ground
in versy short order because of the database. It always amazes me that TSM
cannot do something simple, like backing up 4 or 5 million files per night,
without busting it's database. :)

I moved it from a Linux instance here to an LS20 Dual processor Dual Core
Blade with 8gb od RAM and it is much happier. What took intolerably long
times on the IFL runs in about 1/3 the time on the blade. That surprised me
so much that I spent about three or four weeks testing and proviing it over
and over and over. :)

 -Paul

----- Message from "Marcy Cortes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Thu,
27 Sep 2007 17:24:00 +0000 -----

         To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

    Subject: Re: zSeries Linux - White Paper for Management

Tivoli what?

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this