On Tuesday, 09/25/2007 at 06:10 EDT, "Edward M. Martin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         I am configuring SMTP on a z/VM 5.3 system.
>         I get
> ULTRAQUEST.AULTMAN.COM unable to deliver following mail to recipient(s):
>     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 550 Host 'aultman.com' Unknown
>
>         from a
>         SENDFILE PROFILE EXEC [EMAIL PROTECTED] ( smtp
>
>        I can not ping AULTMAN.COM but can ping mail.aultman.com.
>         DO I need to have a local host file?

This implies to me that you intend for mail sent to AULTMAN.COM to be
handled by MAIL.AULTMAN.COM.  True?  If that is the case, then you need an
MX record in your DNS that points to it.

If you don't have an MX record, then you have to have an A record for
AULTMAN.COM that resolves to the mail server (not the greatest of ideas,
IMO).

If you logon to SMTP (fresh, not reconnect) and do not allow the server to
start, you should be able to DIG or NSLOOKUP the MX or A records.  If you
can't do it from the SMTP id, then neither can the daemon.