IMHO, such a command needs to be set in many ways, including but not
limited to:
- Permit it to be set as an authorized/restricted CP command (perhaps
permitting a limited number of Privclass G "SET" commands for apps to
use?)
- Permit it to be set by the SYSTEM CONFIG file (perhaps based on CPUID
via SYSTEM_IDENTIFIER)
- Permit it to be set by SALIPL screen
- Permit it to be set by as a LOADPARM from the CP IPL command
- Permit it to be set as a LOADPARM by CP SHUTDOWN REIPL

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Stracka, James (GTI)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
10/05/2007 08:49 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: D/R Code

Great, but you would like that to be set automatically somehow, not
manually after each IPL.