On Tuesday, 10/09/2007 at 10:01 EDT, Thomas Kern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I would like it to go a step further, like with some linux installations
> that ask for a root password and another userid to be added. I like
> having ALL system related userids be AUTOONLY, LBYONLY, NOLOG or have a
> randomly generated password. All userids that need to actually need to
> be logged onto must have a LOGONBY record authorizing that initial
> sysprog userid. After that initial setup, it isn't hard to replace the
> passwords for those users that need to logged on. No one ever really
> needs the password to those accounts if properly LOGONBY authorized.
> That random password could be randomized daily, until you can properly
> divide all accounts into the proper AUTOONLY, LBYONLY, NOLOG or personal
> password categories.

Understand that if we were to go this way, the Old School "let the
customer decide" wouldn't be there.  So I would ask that those who would
object to such a change to speak up.

The only thing that holds the directory in its current state is inertia.
With a sufficiently large outside force, its direction can be changed.