On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:36:48 -0500, Brian Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

>Maybe I'm just tired of having to make directory edits to remove default

>passwords for the last 25 years (in releases going all the way back to

>VM/370) and who knows how far into the future.  I'm a big fan of fix it

>once for everybody instead of everybody fix it once, and twice, and
>thrice, and...
>
>Brian Nielsen
>========================
=========================

<dead horse mode>

Oh, and while we're at it (he said while doing a z/VM 5.3 install), let's

not forget all the default MDISK passwords that need to be changed too.

Ship all MDISKs with no passwords and use LNKNOPAS as needed during the

install process and/or a supplied EXEC to change them all to customer
supplied values.  (Yes, I have my own EXEC, but everybody shouldn't have

to invent the wheel.)

</dead horse mode>

Brian Nielsen