Marcy Cortes wrote:
I know, my gun my foot...

But does anyone else think it might be a good idea for CP to check
available page space before allowing a (really big) virtual machine to
be logged on? One shouldn't define a virtual machine of size 1500G when one meant to do 1500M!
Maybe I should just take a day off, huh?

OK... I have to ask. How did you manage to define a virtual machine whose size was 1500G?

There's a machine-dependent limit on the maximum virtual storage size (256GB for a z990, 1TB for a z9), so are you sure you successfully defined 1500G? Or did CP enforce the maximum supported for your machine? (Or maybe there's some way I'm not aware of to bypass this limit.)

Of course, even if CP did constrain you to the maximum supported, you'd still be in trouble! I'm just curious concerning the actual numbers quoted.

Ray Mansell

P.s. "Constrained to 1TB" is really a sign of the times. My very first virtual machine, several decades ago, was 320KB!!