VSMSERVE is the RPC version of the SMAPI server and is still valid for
use on z/VM 5.3, for example with VM:Secure 2.8 (or DIRMAINT).

VSMREQIN, VSMREQIU, etc. are part of the new SMAPI server implementation
... the socket server.  However, I wouldn't go there just yet ...

JR (Steven) Imler
CA
Senior Software Engineer
Tel:  +1 703 708 3479