On Friday, 11/16/2007 at 03:25 EST, Mark Bodenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> This is our production system, and we certainly want to control who can
issue
> DirMaint commands.  The question is the best way to do this.  In general
we
> want to make things secure, but also easy to use for the few authorized
userids.

An excellent goal.  DirMaint Support can tell you the right way to do that
so that your configuration doesn't get hosed on the next Dirmaint upgrade.
 Or tell you that what you're trying to do isn't supported.  (Maybe it
involves some of the server exits?)

> With all of that in place to restrict who can issue DirMaint commands,
we don't
> want to also have to have each privileged user respond with a password
to use
> DirMaint.

This is the specific issue you need to discuss with DirMaint support.  It
is possible that it is simply a result of switching from R4 command set to
the R5 command set and will not occur again once all the NEEDPASS NOs have
been issued.

> I'll leave it up to Jim to respond to "If he would follow the
documentation
> given with the product he is informed of everything he needs to know
about."
> First he needs to take more of his blood pressure medicine.

LOL!  That statement didn't come out exactly the way Doug in Dirmaint
Support intended it.  He really meant that if you follow the book, all
those "extra files" are handled for you rather than you having to
configure them.  Doug sends his apologies in advance, if his phrasing
gives offense.  He also asks that you open a PMR so he can figure out what
your underlying problem is and address that, rather than getting
sidetracked by tangential issues.