On Wednesday, 12/05/2007 at 01:20 EST, Dave Keeton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm working through Appendix E in the DirMaint Tailoring and Admin guide

> (SC24-6135-01) and I'm not sure how to complete one of the steps. I'm on
step
> 9,  "Test DirMaint's automatic restart and recovery" and I'm not sure
how to
> "Create a CP disabled wait state".
>
> How does one go about creating this condition? I've encountered it
before; I
> see it when a Linux guest is shutdown and the guest is still logged on.
I don't
> know how to force this condition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The DIRMAINT reference is to the "protected application environment"
enabled by CP SET CONCEAL ON or OPTION CONCEAL in the directory.  Anything
that causes the virtual machine to reset or load a disabled wait state
(#CP BEGIN 0 is a good one) will trigger an automatic re-IPL.

Please submit a Reader's Comment Form.  It is a "virtual machine" disabled
wait state, not CP!  :-)