Or, when you're ready for a C0FFEE break...

Alternatively:
---<snip>---
CP STore PSW C0FFEC
Store complete.
DMSITP143T Specification exception occurred at 00C0FFEE in system routine
CP; re-IPL CMS
DMSDIE3550I All APPC/VM and IUCV paths have been severed.

Mike Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12/06/2007 01:38 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: How to create a CP Disabled Wait State?

or...
---<snip>---
set conceal on
MRWALTER; T=0.01/0.01 12:32:09
CP STore PSW DEAD
Store complete.
DMSITP143T Specification exception occurred at 0000DEAF in system routine
CP; re-IPL CMS
DMSDIE3550I All APPC/VM and IUCV paths have been severed.
DMSWSP314W Automatic re-IPL by CP due to disabled wait; PSW 000A0000
FFFFFFFF
<<I pressed "ENTER" at this point, which with CP CONCEAL ON, initiated the
expected guest IPL>>
z/VM V5.1.0    2005-11-18 16:11
---<snip>---

Store the PSW as DEAD, and the virtual machine goes DEAF.  Makes complete
sense to me (in accord with the POO).
Then with CONCEAL set on, everything went "FFFFFFFF"  (too bad it couldn't
go "FFFFFFFT".  Makes complete sense to me (in accord with the POO). ;-)

Alternatively:
---<snip>---
CP STore PSW BAB
Store complete.
DMSITP143T Specification exception occurred at 00000BAD in system routine
CP; re-IPL CMS
DMSDIE3550I All APPC/VM and IUCV paths have been severed.
---<snip>---

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Alan Altmark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
12/06/2007 12:09 PM

On Thursday, 12/06/2007 at 11:46 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> If it's an OPTION CONCEAL type Re-IPL, won't a simple CP SYSTEM RESET
cause the
> re-IPL??

Yes, "anything that causes the virtual machine to reset."  You can use:
SYSTEM CLEAR
SYSTEM RESET
DETACH CPU
DEFINE STORAGE
SET MACHINE
or the guest itself can load a disabled wait PSW (that's what BEGIN 0
causes).

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. Emails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are
deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email.