On Saturday, 12/15/2007 at 10:25 EST, Phil Smith III
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you know anyone in VM development?

Yes, though they won't admit it.

> >I have been ready for years to stop reformatting data to accomodate 80
> >columns.  Back when we used Real 3270s, that was an issue.  No longer.
It
> >is time to take a bold step forward into the 1990s.
>
> Nice idea, but unrealistic, since 24x80 is the alternate (should have
been
> "alternative") size by default.  I've spent decades designing screens
knowing
> that I have to fit in 24x80; would that I could do otherwise.  But I've
been to
> far too many customer sites where they have no idea how to configure
their
> emulator and/or they're going through some VTAM that won't accommodate a
weird
> size...

I didn't mean to suggest that people shouldn't be free to limit themselves
to a measly 24x80 or live with the restrictions imposed by some hidebound
VTAM sysprogs, but that the programs should advantage themselves of the
any additional real estate the Wise user has configured.

Hmmm.... I wonder if the 3270 CREATE PARTITION outbound structured field
will override the emulator configuration.... hmmm.....
bwahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!