From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Alan
Altmark
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 9:50 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: z/VM 5.3 FLIST

On Friday, 12/14/2007 at 01:27 EST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> 40x90 is not even an option offered by my emulator. What one do you use
> and what other exotic sizes does it support?

IBM PCOMM, of course!  :-)  I get any size I want by editing the .ws file
and manually filling in the height and width.  The standard pull-down on
the configuration GUI limits you to the 1980s.  :-(

I see that Seagull's Bluezone emulator includes a Custom option on the GUI
that lets you fill in the dimensions of BOTH the primary and alternate
screen sizes.  (Though I shudder to think of how apps will respond to an
alternate screen size of other than 24x80!  It's not like they query the
dimensions of anything....)  Bluezone supports a maximum configuration of
98x160.  But that's ok -- I noticed last week XEDIT has a limit of 255
columns!