and you did the

access 5e5 b
access 51d d

?

             "clifford
             jackson"
             <cliffordjackson6                                          To
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]>               "IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU"

             Sent by: The IBM          <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Applying Service (PTF)

             01/08/2008 02:39
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

I am trying to apply  a PTF to my z/VM 5.1 system

I received the PTF  from an IBM FTP site, I received three files:

ftp4385.txt  è I received this as an ASCII file

The next two files were defined as binary f 1024
vlst4385.bin
vptf4385.bin

Next I FTPed the above files to my z/VM system in the same above format

After getting them to my test VM system I DETERSE the files using the
following syntax:
‘DETERSE VLST4385 BIN A VLST4385 SERVLINK A’
‘DETERSE VPTF4385 BIN A VPTF4385 SERVLINK A’

NOTE: No errors here.

I get errors when I try to install the product envelop.

When I enter the following command I get the following error message:
      ‘VMFINS INSTALL INFO (NOMEMO ENV VPTF4385’

VMFINS2767I Reading VMFINS DEFAULTS B for additional options
VMFINST2760I VMFINS processing started
VMFMHR2737E Tape does not contain a table of contents
VMFINST2760I VMFINS processing completed unsuccessfully
Ready(00100); T=0.15/0.17 12:56:54

When I enter the following command I get the following error message:
      ‘VMFINS INSTALL INFO (NOMEMO ENV VLST4385’

VMFINS2767I Reading VMFINS DEFAULTS B for additional options
VMFINS2760I VMFINS processing started
DMSWPD0002E File * * not found
VMFMHR1965E The command, VMFPLC SCAN * * (DISK, failed with return code 28
VMFINS2760I VMFINS processing completed unsuccessfully
Ready(00100); T=0.20/0.22 12:57:02

I followed the directions carefully but I missed something.....

Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live. Start sharing!

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply
email and delete all copies of this message. To reply to our email
administrator directly, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]