From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 9:42 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: S213 Abend Backing Up 530RES Using z/OS FDR

VM doesn't use VTOCs to describe disk contents; the CP directory tells
which cylinders are allocated as minidisks, and the CP allocation map
tells CP which cylinders to use for PAGE, SPOOL, etc.
I'll send you a document with some extra information about this subject.

The FTP based installation shouldn't have anything to do with your FDR
problem.  The fact that CP can IPL fine means all is OK.  You should
tell FDR -I don't know how- that it should take some physical based
backup, or has it a "VM-format" parameter?