Dennis--If I remember correctly, you'll also have to be able to do a DIRECTXA to reload the directory. I "think" there is a pointer on cyl 0 that points to the current system directory even tho the DRCT allocated area is somewhere else. I may be wrong, but just in case....

Jim

Dennis Schaffer wrote:
I just attempted to use DFDSS to dump 530RES using the syntax suggested b=
y=20
Larry and I got another S213 abend for SYS1.VTOC.  I think the problem is=
=20
with the volume and not the dumping software.

What do you think of my original suggestion (CPFMTXA FORMAT cyl 0,=20
followed by SALIPL to reload the IPL text) for correcting the problem?

Thanks,
Dennis

--
Jim Bohnsack