A few years ago, we migrated to a new datacenter. The first step was to
copy the VM DASD to a "bunker box" - a SHARK facility that could be
sync'd with a counterpart at the new site. The storage management group
was going to handle the move from MVS. To make a long story short, after
trying three different utilities and opening sev 1 PMRs against all of
them because of this or similar problems, I was asked (at the last
minute 16:30, Thursday with the move scheduled for 08:00 Saturday) if I
could somehow do the move from VM. I created a one pack VM system that
could be used to DDR COPY the disks while the real system was down.

Regards,
Richard Schuh