I've never done this, but would it be possible to have the assembler program do something to establish a REXX stem, invoke the PIPE command with STEM as the last stage and then process the stem from the original assembler program, letting CMS/REXX manage the storage?

/Tom Kern

Kris Buelens wrote:
I have no experience with DMSGETDF...
Is this a R/W minidisk?  Only for R/O minidisks CMS keeps the FST's sorted.

I would make the program call a REXX EXEC that in its turn executes a
PIPE that contains a LISTFILE and SORT stage.  The PIPE could pass the
sorted list of files in the stack where your program retrieves them.
Or, more elegant, your assembler program allocates a buffer large
enough to store the result of the LISTFILE, prepares the PIPE command
with the LISTFILE and SORT, the last stage would be a STORAGE stage to
write the result in your program's buffer.