From: Fox Blue [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01/27/2008 11:45 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: CMS Programming: How to sort files entries retrieved by DMSGETDF

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 07:42:57 -0600, Mike Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =

wrote:

Hi Mike,=20

This is true. I encountered the following: Since I am still programming, =

am using cms command run to start the program. This produces a LOAD MAP f=

ile
and therefore it changes the file directory of the 191 disk. And then the=

sorted sequence is destroyed. Now making a module with GENMOD and
re-accessing 191 disk retrieves the files in sorted sequence.=20

It is a pity that the DMSOPDIR doesn't have an option to retireve the fil=

es
in sorted sequence.=20

>The CMS command ACCESS re-sorts the active file table.  Try issuing, tha=

>then running your program.
>
>If that works, you could just issue the ACCESS command from inside your
>program via a CMSCALL (?).
>
>Mike Walter
>Hewitt Associates
>

>The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents =

may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert=

the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents=

 of
this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. Emails=

are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deem=

ed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email.