Kris,

Well it is a R/W minidisk. It is the 191 of the machine.

Yesterday, I was also playing around with the LISTFILE command. It seems
that it retrieves the file names in the same unordered way.

Regarding to your proposal, I wanted to program a CMS module that should
not
become dependent on external REXX EXEC(s).

I think the documentation (CMS Application Development Guide SC24-6069-02
)
should reflect that the directory is not sorted. I was browsing through i
and could not find any hint on this issue. Also the CMS Callable Services

Reference (SC24-6072-02) should contain a usage note referring to this.

Thanks anyway for your proposal to overcome this problem.

BR Fox.