From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of David Boyes
Sent: 12 February 2008 06:20 pm
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: IO Configs for z/OS and z/VM

> Our IODF is managed by z/OS for all z/OS and z/VM LPARs. Is there a
guide
> anywhere to getting the IODF from our z/OS systems over to z/VM? Had a
> look in the z/VM IO Configuration manual but nothing jumped out.

Most mixed installs (z/OS and VM) let z/OS manage the actual I/O config
(since it cares a lot), and just let VM run with device discovery
enabled. z/VM is smart enough to figure out what devices you gave it
without needing to be spoon-fed...8-)

If you really want to use IODF on VM, the I/O Configuration manual is
the place to start. At a high level, transfer the IODF file over as a
sequential file with FTP, put it on MAINT CF1 (and your other config
minidisks) and add the IODF statement in SYSTEM CONFIG.

To join CreditExpert and view your free Experian credit report online visit
www.joincreditexpert.com/report

This e-mail has come from Experian, the only business to have been twice named
the UK's 'Business of the Year’

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be
copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third
party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally
binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic
communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited
standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement
between Experian Limited and the recipient.

Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication
and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your
own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information:

Registered name: Experian Limited
Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham  NG80 1TH
Place of registration: England and Wales
Registered number: 653331