On Tuesday, 02/19/2008 at 01:30 EST, Mike Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Solution: backup a system using its own products which are aware of
these
> limitations, or use backup tools at rely on a client running on the
system
> being backed up to get a stable, reliable, and _restorable_ backup.

Let me second this.  It is important, too, to understand that just because
you did a test restore of the data you backed up today, and it worked,
that it may not work tomorrow.

Consider what might happen if you were backing up SFS server disks while
changes were being made.  (shudder)

Free advice: Always run DIRECTXA against your last known-good directory
when the system comes up after a DR restore unless you know that the
object and source directories are in sync.  (You don't know, unless the
system was down during the backup.)