Cmdline belongs on the bottom, because we¹re not z/OS. Œnuf said.

I generally run with the scale and current line in the center of the screen,
and with num on, because sometimes cmdline commands are more convenient when
you don¹t have to guess at the line numbers. The only problem with Num On is
that sometimes repeated prefix commands... Don¹t. i.e. When the count
happens to overlay the same digit in the line number.

The gist of the whole thing is that Xedit allows you to have the environment
you want to have, without a lot of effort in getting it that way. What isn¹t
there, you can easily create and what is there... Is a whole lot.

To those who were in on the creation of Xedit, and those who currently
maintain it: Thanks for a job well done! I¹ve used a lot of editors on a lot
of different platforms, and I continually find myself thinking ³Gee, I wish
I had Xedit here....²

For all the editor bigots out there everywhere, I¹d like to submit the
following cartoon, which we got a huge kick out of here. ³Real Programmers
Use Butterflies²: http://xkcd.com/378/

Enjoy your day, and thank you for choosing Xedit. We hope you enjoyed your
flight.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\