Left. Mostly because I only had some MVS folks to help me with VM when
I took over its support again in 1999 (after starting on BSEPP in 1979
and going through VM/XA in 1989). It was an attempt to help them work
without their ISPF blanket/menus by giving them an editor that looked
something like what they were used to. But I switch it around when I
need to.

Who worries about how many key strokes to insert a line when one of
the PF keys is always ready to insert a line for me?

And the restaurant is somewhere in London if I recall. But once you
and the other guy get there, you really don't need the towel anymore.