> Another religious war: PF3!
 > It was always a QUIT, and then some OtherSystem people
 > started setting it to FILE. And then they ask for help,
 > and I type stuff, but press PF3, and... AAArrrgghhhhhh!

 > Did TSO set it to FILE just to cause VMers grief?

 > Shimon

I suspect that setting PF3 to FILE was an attempt to be SAA/CUA
compliant.  I know we had long theoretical arguments around here when we
started trying to build all of our xedit based applications according to
IBM's System Application Architecture Common User Access guidelines.

Terry

BTW, I'm a lefty (handedness and prefix - mostly habit and so I can
easily match the prefix commands with the correct line of text).

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to
others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message,
and then delete it from your system. The Timken Company / The
Timken Corporation