From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Mary Anne Matyaz
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 9:20 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Article: In Search of Mainframe Engineers

You know, I've been thinking about this and I just don't think I buy this
article, or this hoopla that we've heard for several years about the aging
mainframer and how to replace them and how scarce they are. I just don't see
that many job openings for MVS or VM. And I sure don't see skyrocketing
salaries, in fact IBM just cut salaries of a lot of mainframers 15%. Now
that is supposed to be offset by overtime but those that I've talked to
indicated overtime isn't allowed.
Personally, I think this is just a way to get more h1b visas approved. If
MVS or VM sysprogs were such a hot commodity, salaries would be rising.

Thoughts?
MA