From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Fox Blue
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 11:04 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: X Disk in SFS

Dear all,

I am currently busy to understand the capabilities of SFS. Started in
the

late 80ies as system programmer we had VM/SP but there was no SFS. Since

one
year I am working on a z/VM installation and have to catch up with all
th
new facilities in VM.

I am wondering what would be best approach to define an X Disk in the
SFS
. I
mean, normally one puts the files accessible to all users on a mini disk
that everybody can access.

How can you do that with SFS?  Should it be a directory in the file
space
 of
MAINT or should I define an extra Virtual Machine for that? What would
be

the most common way of achieving this?

Thanks very much in advance.

Fox