z9 ECs here and a z10, but I'm not counting him yet...

In prod - we have 45 or so guests on 18 IFLs
In test - we have had 100 or so guests on 2 IFLs.

So, the ratio is either 50:1 or 5:2 :)

You can see why everyone says "it depends".

If you can get the testers to play well together (wiki page coordination
is what we do), I think one could have a ratio to work with in test.
Prod is going to require measurement and planning :) Memory is usually a
bigger issue than CPU.  At least with CPU you can prioritize things so
not all feel it.  If you are heavily paging, everyone feels it. (i.e 100
on 24G = pain, 100 on 48G = happiness)

(PS.  We started with 2 :)

Marcy Cortes

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on
this message or any information herein. If you have received this