On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:59:00AM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:

> Dave, yes, Boch, running Windows NT itself, has been hosted on top of a
> zLinux guest, running under z/VM. This feat was accomplished by my
> colleague Adam Thornton, who clearly has way too much free time on his
> hands. ;-)
>
> While it did work, the performance was awful, to say the least. Of
> course, this was done on a smallish S/390 box and certainly not on a z9
> or z10 series platform.

Yes, Google is my friend.  There's even a Debian package, I see.
I, too, would be very interested is performance numbers from
state-of-the-art hardware.  There could be virtualization uses
at some point.  My shop is a heavy MS shop and trying to retire
their Multiprise 3000.  It would be nice to pilot the migration
of some Windows servers onto our lightly loaded VM/ESA system.

--

May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

Dave Craig

"'So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe.'"

--from _Nightfall_  by Asimov/Silverberg