As Dave (Jones) said, yes, it's been done.
But Dave (Craig), while it  *is*  cool, don't be shocked at this feat.
BOCHS is a pure emulator.  It can be built on  *any*  HW platform
("System p", Sun SPARC, or an ARM hand-held, not only "System z")
and will emulate the INTeL instruction set with a smattering of
simulated PC hardware attached.

The determined experimenter can do yet kinkier things:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=6418

"an x86 emulator running a 680x0 emulator on a handheld gaming console"

Some may also enjoy shattering of gender assumptions in that post,
"my name's Neisha, and yes, girls can hack too".

-- R;

--
-- R; <><