The problem with putting a Linux guest to sleep, is that they tend not to wake
up so well.

Obviously, all IP communications times out.
CRON processes floods the image when it is woken.
Any database and/or logical units of work, tend to abend.

All of this was when I tried to force guests to sleep back on SLES7 on a
MP3000.  My thought was, if it isn't in use, force it to sleep.  We will wake
it up when necessary.  My thought was to avoid the overhead in IPLing images
when they were needed and eliminate the overhead of the idling systems.  There
were a lot of things we didn't know about in those days. <G>

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting