Thanks every one for your replies.

Not to bet this to death but...

I can, and did, install the NoMachine server code on a Suse machine (not in
z/VM Linux machine) and the client on a Windows machine and I'm wondering this;
if the Server code runs in a Suse machine and the Suse machine happens to be a
z/VM guest, it should work...right?

Not sure but I think NoMachine use SSH under the covers and for the Windows
user who wants a GUI interface this would see to be a good test.

I don't believe I can submit a question to the NoMachine folks as I'm using the
free version and there isn't and support questions allows for the free version.

Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:19 PM,
Howard Rifkind  wrote:

> I guess my real question is about using the NoMachine client/server programs
> to access a z/VM Linux guest...Anyone using NoMachine?

As I understand the configuration, this would mean running one or more
graphical end-user desktops. From the aspects of performance and
resource usage, it would not be the most obvious thing to do with
Linux on the mainframe.
This particular solution does not seem to be ported to Linux on System
z. You could probably do similar things using for example VNC (and a
big System z).

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij