Thanks David, good explanation.

David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 I can, and did, install the NoMachine server code on a Suse machine (not in
z/VM Linux machine) and the client on a Windows machine and I'm wondering this;
if the Server code runs in a Suse machine and the Suse machine happens to be a
z/VM guest, it should work...right?

  Not necessarily. If the SuSE machine you installed it on was an Intel
machine, then it might work. z/VM cannot run Intel binaries.

  Not sure but I think NoMachine use SSH under the covers and for the Windows
user who wants a GUI interface this would see to be a good test.

  You would still need a System Z set of server binaries. Since they don’t
provide source code, NoMachine would have to compile the binaries and provide
them to you.