I was waiting for Mark Suchecki, the current CAVMEN "Ring Master/Ring
Leader/Chairman" to chime in, but since Bill Munson already replied...

CAVMEN is an acronym for Chicago Area VM ENthusiasts, going back, IIRC, to
1983 or maybe a little earlier.  To have a Phoenix chapter it would have
to be called PAVMEN -- which doesn't have quite the same ring to it.  ;-)

There are certainly large companies in the Phoenix area running z/VM.
Actually starting a local VM user group is a fairly significant effort
(although with the internet its a lot easier than it was back in the early
1980's).  But once it's up and running, it's not a huge amount of work.  I
can vouch for that personally having lead CAVMEN for 6.5 years.

Consider establishing a local VM (and Linux!) user group on your own - it
looks really nice on your resume!  Bill Munson provided some great places
to get started.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Danny Padill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
04/10/2008 01:06 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: CAVMEN Meeting on Thursday, April 17, 2008

Are there any chapters in Phoenix, Arizona ?

Thanks
Danny Padilla