Imagine the commercials. "So easy a PAVEMAN can do it."  :-)

Regards,
Richard Schuh

________________________________

        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Walter
        Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 11:55 AM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: Re: CAVMEN Meeting on Thursday, April 17, 2008

        I was waiting for Mark Suchecki, the current CAVMEN "Ring
Master/Ring Leader/Chairman" to chime in, but since Bill Munson already
replied...

        CAVMEN is an acronym for Chicago Area VM ENthusiasts, going
back, IIRC, to 1983 or maybe a little earlier.  To have a Phoenix
chapter it would have to be called PAVMEN -- which doesn't have quite
the same ring to it.  ;-)

        There are certainly large companies in the Phoenix area running
z/VM.  Actually starting a local VM user group is a fairly significant
effort (although with the internet its a lot easier than it was back in
the early 1980's).  But once it's up and running, it's not a huge amount
of work.  I can vouch for that personally having lead CAVMEN for 6.5
years.

        Consider establishing a local VM (and Linux!) user group on your
own - it looks really nice on your resume!  Bill Munson provided some
great places to get started.

        Mike Walter
        Hewitt Associates
        Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not
necessarily represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Danny Padill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

04/10/2008 01:06 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: CAVMEN Meeting on Thursday, April 17, 2008

        Are there any chapters in Phoenix, Arizona ?

        Thanks
        Danny Padilla