Ah, that makes sense! The XEDIT command causes the execution of the
queues commands. Works great! Thanks Bob.

Tim

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bob Levad
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:03 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: REXX Queue function

Try this instead.

Queue "ALL /INVALID"
Queue "SET SHADOW OFF"
Queue "PUT * = INVALID A1"
Queue "QQ"
"XEDIT "FN FT FM

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tim Joyce
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 8:56 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: REXX Queue function

Hey guys,

I have a question about the QUEUE function in REXX. I created an exec
that uses the QUEUE function to XEDIT the operator log issue a "ALL /
INVALID" and put the results into a file:

Queue "XEDIT "FN FT FM
Queue "ALL /INVALID"
Queue "SET SHADOW OFF"
Queue "PUT * = INVALID A1"
Queue "QQ"

 I then run another exec that sends that created file containing all
"INVALID" logon attempts to a specified userid:

'SENDFILE 'FNO' INVALID A TIMJ'
'ERASE 'FNO' INVALID A'

If I run these execs manually (separately) they work fine. But, when I
try to automate the process by doing such:

/*                                     */
EXEC OINVLOG
EXEC OINVSEND
exit

the send exec will not work because the Queued commands do not execute
until out of the rexx procedure.

My question :  Is there a way to have all the Queued xedit commands
execute before starting the send exec?

I know there a many other ways to do this, I am just curious as to how
to force the queued commands to execute.

Tim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tim Joyce
Sr. Systems Programmer / Project Leader
Alex Lee, Inc.
Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Phone: (828) 725-4448
Fax: (828) 725-4800

This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this
electronic transmission contain confidential information belonging to
the sender. This information may be legally privileged. The information
is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in
reliance on or regarding the contents of this electronically transmitted
information is strictly prohibited.