If you really wanted to get fancy with it, you could execute the
SENDFILE from within the same Pipe:

"PIPE <" fn ft fm "locate /INVALID/ |  >" fn "INVALID A3 | hole | append
literal" fn 'INVALID A3 | state nodetails | spec /EXEC SENDFILE/1 w1.3
nw /"userid"/ nw | command"

By making the filemode A3, the file will be erased after it is sent, so
two rocks are killed by one bird. The STATE stage will prevent
attempting to send a file that does not exist. If you do not care
whether or not SENDFILE results in error messages when the file does not
exist, all stages beginning with the "append literal" stage can be
replaced with one stage,  "append command EXEC SENDFILE' fn 'INVALID A3'
userid"

"PIPE <" fn ft fm "locate /INVALID/ |  >" fn "INVALID A3 | hole | append
command EXEC SENDFILE" fn 'INVALID A3" userid

Regards,
Richard Schuh