        -----Original Message-----
        From: The IBM z/VM Operating System
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
        Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:21 PM
        To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        Subject: z/VM 5.3 vs. RSU

        I have done a DDR restore of the 5.3 system and am in the throes
of applying the current RSU. To this end, I have FTPd the files from IBM
to my VM system with the following results:

        1. There were three files

                *       A small file containing the byte counts for the
other two files
                *       A file named RLST5794 BIN
                *       A file named RPTF1094 BIN

        2. The byte counts for the two BIN files were correct.
        3. I used DETERSE to unpack the files, making the unpacked files
filetype SERVLINK

        When I enter the command "vmfrec info (env rlst5794", the result
is the message DMSWPD1452S. Help describes this error as:

                Explanation: A record was encountered in the envelope
file that has a prefix
                identifying it as a VMFPLCD control record, but the
record is not a group
                separator record or a file header record.

        I can see no such VMFPLCD control record header in the file
unless a line containing only "()' qualifies. The string "plc", case
insensitive, is nowhere in the file. If I look at the RPTF file, every

        record begins with x'02' followed by "PLC".

        Have I missed something? Is my RLST file corrupt?

        Regards,
        Richard Schuh

This message w/attachments (message) may be privileged, confidential or
proprietary, and if you are not an intended recipient, please notify the
sender, do not use or share it and delete it. Unless specifically indicated,
this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any investment
products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or an official statement of Merrill Lynch. Subject to applicable
law, Merrill Lynch may monitor, review and retain e-communications (EC)
traveling through its networks/systems. The laws of the country of each
sender/recipient may impact the handling of EC, and EC may be archived,
supervised and produced in countries other than the country in which you are
located. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. This
message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.ml.com/e-communications_terms/. By messaging with Merrill Lynch you
consent to the foregoing.