Use the VMFINS command for RSU files. VMFREC is for corrective service
envelopes.

vmfins install info (nomemo env RLST5794

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:21 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: z/VM 5.3 vs. RSU

I have done a DDR restore of the 5.3 system and am in the throes of
applying the current RSU. To this end, I have FTPd the files from IBM to
my VM system with the following results:

1. There were three files

        *       A small file containing the byte counts for the other
two files
        *       A file named RLST5794 BIN
        *       A file named RPTF1094 BIN

2. The byte counts for the two BIN files were correct.
3. I used DETERSE to unpack the files, making the unpacked files
filetype SERVLINK

When I enter the command "vmfrec info (env rlst5794", the result is the
message DMSWPD1452S. Help describes this error as:

        Explanation: A record was encountered in the envelope file that
has a prefix
        identifying it as a VMFPLCD control record, but the record is
not a group
        separator record or a file header record.

I can see no such VMFPLCD control record header in the file unless a
line containing only "()' qualifies. The string "plc", case insensitive,
is nowhere in the file. If I look at the RPTF file, every

record begins with x'02' followed by "PLC".

Have I missed something? Is my RLST file corrupt?

Regards,
Richard Schuh