On Monday, 04/28/2008 at 02:13 EDT, Berry van Sleeuwen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yet it also states:
>
> Remote Spooling Communications Subsystem (RSCS) V3.2.0 (5684-096) has
been
> repackaged and is now available for licensing under International
Program
> License Agreement (IPLA) terms and conditions. RSCS Function Level 530
> (FL530) is available as a priced, optional, preinstalled feature of z/VM
> V5.3.
>
> So, what is it? Based on this entry I'd say nothing has changed and we
can
> still have RSCS functionality. Perhaps a different function level but as
> long as it provides the same functions I don't care about a version
> number. But, as Ron pointed out, if RSCS is no longer available on zVM
> then I'd have to order zVM asap.

As was stated correctly in a prior post, the stand-alone MLC-priced RSCS
product (5684-096) will no longer be orderable after Sept 30 of this year.
 After that, the only way to get RSCS is to be on z/VM 5.3 or later, where
RSCS is available as an orderable feature.  RSCS FL530 has more
functionality than RSCS V3.2.

Before you disregard which version you have, do the math, but realize that
RSCS V3.2 will no longer receive any new function and will eventually have
service withdrawn.