> I have some very new volumes that I am going create another second level
> machine.
> Do I always have to CP FORMAT the new volumes before I do a DDR ALL?  Or does
> the DDR all
> Copy all the formatting?

You probably don't *have* to do the format first, but if this is the first time
the volumes have been used or if the volumes are recycled, it's still the
Recommended Way (and will save you lots of semi-frantic debugging if something
mysterious happens, especially if these will be page or spool volumes and you
accidentally miss formatting a cylinder on the original volume you took the DDR
image from).

It takes extra time, but it's probably safer in the long haul. If it were my
system, I'd still do the format first.