I just attached 680 to myself and did a TAPSENSE command. The display
indicates that the devices are emulating, if you can call what they do
emulating, 3480-04 tape drives. They appear to respond to the SID and
RDC commands correctly for that device.

DMSTAP100I Density at 38K.
DMSTAP100I Tape Unit Model is 3480-04.
DMSTAP100I Drive online to control unit.
DMSTAP100I Tape positioned at load point.
DMSTAP100I Cartridge available in autoloader.
DMSTAP100I Autoloader present on drive.

Regards,
Richard Schuh